Building a Career at Erie Materials
Look for more than your next job
Exceptional Service, Integrity, Care for People, Excellence
Erie Materials, privately owned and operated since 1973, is built on these values. For more than four decades, Erie Materials has provided high-quality products and exceptional service at the best value to professional contractors. Today, we are the leading distributor of building products in upstate New York and northeast Pennsylvania.
Erie Materials has been an independent, family owned business since its inception and has earned a stellar reputation as a leading company. Erie Materials earned national recognition as a Top 10 Specialty Distributor, a Top 30 Distributor and was the 2008 Distributor of the Year.
Consider these points as you think about your next career choice:
• Are you looking for a long-term opportunity? Over 65% of our employees have been with us for at least 5 years and over 45% of our employees have been with Erie Materials for at least 10 years.
• Are you looking for opportunities for advancement? Over 30 members of our management team across the company started in warehouse operations. They work with over 30 inside and outside sales representatives who also started there. We have many, many others who are enjoying career growth and long term opportunities at Erie Materials.
We look for team oriented people who take initiative; people who will be focused on our customers; people who can communicate; people comfortable taking the lead and holding themselves accountable for doing a great job. We want people who are interested in starting a career with us.
If this sounds like you – then you should apply today.
(If you are open to relocation, there may be even more opportunities for career growth and development)
Our founder and CEO, Bob Neumann says, “Take care of your customers; take care of your employees; and don’t forget what the word integrity means.”
Those are values that drive our company and care for our customers has been the secret to our success, but not at the expense of our people. Erie Materials works hard at taking care of our employees. Full-time employees earn competitive pay and have the opportunity to enroll in an outstanding and comprehensive benefit package. Employees and their families are eligible to participate from the day they start.
Our benefits include: Affordable Health Care Plans, Dental Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vision Coverage, Basic and Supplemental Life and AD+D insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, and retirement benefits including a 401K and Profit Sharing plan.
Erie Materials, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, age, marital status, disability, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, military service/leave, arrest/conviction record or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
We have immediate FT openings for motivated CDL A or B Delivery Specialists with a great attitude and high energy to make deliveries for our customers in Upstate NY from our locations in:
Albany – 99 Railroad Ave, Albany, NY 12205
Auburn – 1492 Rt 5+20 West, Auburn, NY 13021
Syracuse – 500 Factory Ave, Syracuse, NY 13211
Watertown - 22293 Teal Park Drive, Watertown, NY 13601
Our delivery specialists drive all day and are home every night. They operate a well maintained fleet of leased vehicles, including moffett equipped flatbed and soft side straight rigs; tractors with moffett equipped flatbed trailers; and flatbed straight trucks with booms to provide our customers with exceptional service and delivery.
If you have experience operating a truck mounted boom we have a place for you in our organziation. We require excellent customer service skills; Forklift and/or Moffett experience preferred; Ability to move or lift up to 100 lbs. frequently; Strong work history and clean CDL A or B.
Accounts Receivable Accountant
We have an immediate FT opening for a motivated Accounts Payable/Receivable Accountant with great attitude and high energy to work in on our corporate staff.
The AP/AR Accountant is responsible for providing high quality customer service and accounting support for the corporate accounting department and our operating branches. As part of the Corporate Accounting team, the AP/AR Accountant handles customer and/or vendor accounting transactions and branch support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves as key accounting contact person for branch issues regarding payables and/or receivables
• Maintains and updates customer/vendor information in Agility
• Enters transactions into the document storage system
• Receives and enters customer payments/vendor invoices and other miscellaneous entries
• Works with and supports branch staff, vendor staff and/or credit department to research and resolve discrepancies between invoices to payments received from customers and invoice pricing and purchase orders
• Handles either AP or AR responsibilities as noted below:
• Assignment Specific Duties
• Responsible for (daily) review of customer invoices to be billed (includes resolution of margin issues with branch management)
• Complete analysis for each branch of daily business and properly account for charge, credit card and cash transactions
• Receive and process customer payments on a daily basis for assigned branches. This includes receiving in checks for each branch, scanning daily receipts, recording payments on customer accounts, verifying appropriate customer discounts were taken, and applying payments against correct customer invoices
• Work with branch management and credit department on sales tax issues on invoices
• Issue sales tax credits when tax exempt certificates received after customer has been invoiced. Responsible for month end work including assuring all billing is completed timely, customer payments are posted correctly, daily cash outs are finalized and completed, Receivable detail aging is completed and sent to Doc Storage and monthly statements are processed and mailed
We require 1 – 2 years of A/R accounting experience; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting desired (not required); Strong computer skills including keyboarding, data entry and experience with of Microsoft Office products; Strong customer service skills; Ability to work independently and support department and co-worker needs; Ability to do accurate, timely and detailed work; High integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
We always accept applications at each of our Branches.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please feel free to download and complete the employment application below.
Download EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION here.
Submit your resume, cover letter and application by email, fax or mail:
Email to: HRDept@eriematerials.com
Fax to: (315) 455-6453
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
Erie Materials, Inc.
PO Box 476
Syracuse, NY 13211