Building a Home at Erie Materials
Welcome to Erie Careers!
Do you want an opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives?
Are you seeking something more than just a job?
Do you want to partner with a dynamic company that has endless opportunity?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then you should take a look at all that Erie Materials has to offer!
Erie Materials, Inc. is proud to be the leader in building product solutions for over 35 years.
We select talented individuals who are dedicated to provide outstanding customer service and who understand how important our customers are to us! We specialize in exceeding our customers’ expectations! Our exceptional service is what separates us from our competitors.
That is the foundation of our success!
All of our employees make a difference in people’s lives by doing their part to continually provide outstanding customer service to our clientele. Each position at Erie Materials provides daily opportunities to exceed customer expectations!
We truly value our employees and acknowledge that every employee plays an important role in the success of Erie Materials. We select talented individuals who are dedicated to provide outstanding customer service and who understand how important our customers are to us!
Erie Materials, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, age, marital status, disability, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, military service/leave, arrest/conviction record or any other characteristic protected by law.
Erie Materials values its employees and therefore, we offer a competitive salary and an unmatchable benefit package to all eligible full-time and part-time employees. Please refer to the plan descriptions for eligibility and detailed benefit information.
Generous employer profit sharing contribution to eligible employees based on company profitability.
Diversified group of funds to invest in.
Vision Insurance Plan
Flexible Spending Plan
Employees may participate in healthcare and/or dependent care accounts!
Basic Term Life Insurance
$10,000 of term life insurance free of charge!
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Optional term life insurance available!
Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
$10,000 of AD&D life insurance free of charge!
Discounts available on building materials for your primary residence!
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Up to 28 days of paid time off
Based on tenure.
Six paid holidays available.
Tuition Assistance Program
Full reimbursement for work related course tuition & corresponding books.
State Short-Term Disability Insurance
Short-term disability insurance for all NY & PA employees.
Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance
Optional short-term disability insurance available!
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Optional long-term disability insurance available!
Supplemental Cancer Insurance Plan
Optional insurance available for the prevention and treatment of cancer!
ERIE / ALBANY - TERRITORY MANAGER
• in-person sales calls, pre-planning, quoting, customer follow-up and related duties.
• Previous outside sales or related experience required.
• Basic knowledge of roofing, siding, millwork, and blueprints required.
• Valid driver’s license required.
ERIE/ ALBANY - INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
•Product sales, quoting, customer follow-up and related duties.
• Excellent customer service skills required.
• Knowledge of roofing, siding, and millwork preferred.
• Previous sales experience preferred.
• Computer proficiency preferred.
ERIE / SCRANTON - DELIVERY SPECIALIST
• Loading materials onto a delivery vehicle with the assistance of other personnel and mechanical devices including forklifts. Driver must frequently load his/her vehicle alone.
• Driving delivery vehicle to a customer jobsite. Unloading materials at the jobsite, in most circumstances, unassisted. Materials must be covered so they are protected from any inclement weather.
• Driver may be required to collect payment for goods if necessary.
• When not delivering materials, driver will work at various tasks in the warehouse including but not limited to: stocking/organizing inventory, servicing walk-in customers, receiving materials from manufacturers, cleaning, etc.
• Class A or B commercial license req’d.
• Previous commercial driving experience required.
• Haz-mat endorsement preferred.
• Forklift and/or Moffet experience preferred.
• Ability to lift up to 100 lbs frequently.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractures, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
We are also always accepting applications at each of the branches. If we are fully staffed, we will keep employment applications on file for up to two years.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please feel free to download and complete the employment application below.
Download EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION here.
Submit your application by email, fax or mail:
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to: (315) 455-6453
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
Erie Materials, Inc.
PO Box 476
Syracuse, NY 13211