Building a Career at Erie Materials
Look for more than your next job
Since 1973, Erie Materials has built its reputation as a premier building materials distributor by doing what other people can’t do, won’t do, or don’t know how to do – and that includes providing career opportunities for outstanding people.
Erie Materials has been an independent, family owned business since its inception and has earned a stellar reputation as a leading company. Erie Materials earned national recognition as a Top 10 Specialty Distributor, a Top 30 Distributor and was the 2008 Distributor of the Year.
Consider these points as you think about your next career choice:
• Are you looking for a long-term opportunity? Over 65% of our employees have been with us for at least 5 years and over 45% of our employees have been with Erie Materials for at least 10 years.
• Are you looking for opportunities for advancement? Over 30 members of our management team across the company started in warehouse operations. They work with over 30 inside and outside sales representatives who also started there. We have many, many others who are enjoying career growth and long term opportunities at Erie Materials.
We select talented, motivated individuals who work hard and are dedicated to providing outstanding customer service; People with character who care about their co-workers and our company; People with personal drive and a strong work ethic; People who are willing do the job and a little bit more to make sure our customers keep coming back.
If this sounds like you – then you should apply today.
(If you are open to relocation, there may be even more opportunities for career growth and development)
Our founder and CEO, Bob Neumann says, “Take care of your customers; take care of your employees; and don’t forget what the word integrity means.”
Those are values that drive our company and care for our customers has been the secret to our success, but not at the expense of our people. Erie Materials works hard at taking care of our employees. Full-time employees earn competitive pay and have the opportunity to enroll in an outstanding and comprehensive benefit package. Employees and their families are eligible to participate from the day they start.
Our benefits include: Affordable Health Care Plans, Dental Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vision Coverage, Basic and Supplemental Life and AD+D insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, and retirement benefits including a 401K and Profit Sharing plan.
Erie Materials, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, age, marital status, disability, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, military service/leave, arrest/conviction record or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
• Read work orders/ invoices to determine materials needs for customer pick-up or delivery.
• Moving / lifting heavy materials by hand.
• Operating a forklift to load a customer’s vehicle, load an Erie Materials delivery truck, unload a vendor truck, move material in stock, etc.
• Cleaning warehouse area(s) including organization of materials, sweeping warehouse floors and parking lot areas, emptying trash cans, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills required.
• Class B License is preferred (not required)
• Forklift and/or Moffett experience preferred.
• Ability to move or lift up to 100 lbs. frequently.
• One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractures, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
ERIE/ELMIRA: WAREHOUSE MANAGER
We are looking for a great manager to to help lead and direct our warehouse staff and help ensure we continue to provide outstanding service for our customers.
The Warehouse Manager has primary responsibility for planning, directing and controlling the warehouse operation and warehouse staff, including Asst. Warehouse Manager, Dispatcher and Warehouse customer service representatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Ensuring the safe and efficient practices are followed by all warehouse staff
- Leading by example in ensuring all staff provide a high level of service to customers waiting for materials
- Providing direction and supervision to warehouse staff
- Ensuring materials are accurately received, stored and available for accurate picking and loading of materials for delivery
- Ensuring the coordination and scheduling of people, vehicles and equipment required to efficiently meet delivery requirements.
- Providing direction to maintain physical condition of warehouse and yards
Overseeing the training new staff and maintaining compliance with all local, state and Federal requirements and enforces adherence to all requirements including:
- Inspecting all vehicles bi-weekly and give report to warehouse manager on Friday of inspecting week
- Overseeing /maintaining fleet needs – repairs (report to warehouse manager all repairs and timetable. Update as needed).
- Overseeing/maintaining driver paperwork (month end reporting).
- Monitors all vehicle accident reports to make sure they are completed
- Monitors forklift inspections, report and discuss all repairs with warehouse manager.
- Handling administrative and supervisory responsibilities
Follows up on daily projects delegated (discuss completed tasks, tasks not complete or any with issues.)
If you have at least 3 years of leadership experience in a warehouse/distribution setting apply now.
We always accept applications at each of our Branches.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please feel free to download and complete the employment application below.
Download EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION here.
Submit your resume, cover letter and application by email, fax or mail:
Email to: HRDept@eriematerials.com
Fax to: (315) 455-6453
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
Erie Materials, Inc.
PO Box 476
Syracuse, NY 13211